A special European Consumer Centre of Estonia created within the Estonian Consumer Protection Board protects the rights of consumers in regard to cross-border purchases. The European Consumer Centre is a member of the ECC-Net.
The following may appeal to the European Consumer Centre of Estonia:
- Estonian consumers who have questions or problems related to purchases made in other EU member countries, including purchases through the Internet or by distance selling.
- Consumers from other EU member countries who require advice or who have problems with goods/services purchased in Estonia, including purchases through the Internet or by distance selling.
The European Consumer Centre of Estonia offers to Estonian consumers:
- Information about consumer rights in the EU
- Consultations on how to proceed in the case of problems related to cross-border purchases
- Assistance in presenting complaint to traders located in other Member States
- Solution of specific complaints
- Intermediating complaints to the appropriate extrajudicial institutions in all EU member countries.
The European Consumer Centre of Estonia offers consumers from other Member States:
- Information on consumer rights in Estonia
- Consultations on how to proceed if one has problems have developed with goods or services purchased in Estonia
- Help in presenting complaints to traders located in Estonia
- Solution of specific complaints or intermediating to the appropriate institutions
- Intermediating complaints to the Consumer Complaints Committee, which functions as the ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution). The Consumer Complaints Committee is an independent institution operating at the Consumer Protection Board and settles disputes between consumers and traders. For consumers this is a much simpler, easier and less time-consuming solution for resolving problems than lawsuits. The resolution of complaints by the Committee is free to consumers.
The Estonian Consumer Protection Board and the European Commission finance the activities of the European Consumer Centre of Estonia.
The Centre's services are free to consumers.